Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lost and Found.

(Im posting two in one day for 2 reasons. One im snowed in and so utterly bored and 2 Lauren peer pressured me via skype.)

I love cards, especially random "because its Tuesday" or "you popped into my mind" or "just because" cards. I think it all is rooted in my childhood. I can vividly remember my dad leaving my mom post it notes with cute little messages hidden in the most odd places of the house. I can remember learning to read, and rather than a standard Doctor Seuss or ABC book, it was a card my dad had written me. This obsession with cards only progressed when I started working at the flower shop and got to see a plethora of cards every day. My favorite were always the ones that made no sense to me but made perfect sense to the couple involved. I always thought those cards had something far more special and sincere than the typical "i love you" or "thinking of you" cards.

When I moved a few weeks ago I found a shoe box of cards I had kept. It was the holy grail of cards. I had a few from my parents, best friend, a few notes from middle school folded into that obnoxious little triangle that I couldn't fold today to save my life, some from past relationships, and some from people who are no longer around.

Here are some of my favorite lines...

"You're the person I text in the bathroom stall when someone does something funny in the stall next to me."

"I realize how fun it was to hang out with the two most NASTIEST (B-town term) people ever with no school and a load of mountain dew and food."

"Love you baby girl. I am so very proud of you and how much you have grown up these past few years. I hope you have an incredible time at school. Don't let the books get in the way of your education and remember to always take the risk."

"Happy Birthday Sis, now that youre moving can I have your car?"

"Wait! You slam-a-jamed the tiger? What about hunk-a-dory-ing the lion?"

me: "Seriously? well, we have to get some before"
ash: "Seriously...ya definitely we can skip tomorrow??.
Mr. Nelson: "Seriously, stop writing notes in my class. See you at 3 for detention."

"Roses are red, violets are blue, I get so happy, when I think of you. I love how corny that is!"

"I miss the way you crack all your fingers, followed by your shoulders, neck and then back."

...I remember finding this note in my lunch every Friday until high school..."Have a wonderful day at school! Love you!"

"Sis, I hope you have an awesome 16th birthday. I hope you know that when you babysit me and I get up after you tuck me into bed, I'm not pushing my bedtime back, but I really have to pee..."

"Really. Its always been you Rach."

"I cant wait for you to come HOME to Boston and we can snuggle, and listen to Backstreet Boys and Nsync and have little debs bring us food in bed."

M: "want to go to the soccer game on Friday?"
me"no"
M: "Why?"
me"your kinda odd."
M: "how about the football game?"
me "take a hint kid!"

"Just wanted you to know I'm praying...take your time, ask, ask, ask as many questions as you can think of, and enjoy the ride!"

"Love, Your very own Mr. Darcy"

3 comments:

  1. oh i'm so glad i pressured you into posting! i love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you pressured her too lauren!! i loved this and i didn't even know you had a blog....yet one more way to stalk you and i don't think we've ever even met elyse....hmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah Jana i still find it so weird that we havent met! one day im sure!

    ReplyDelete