Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lifes Unexpected Blessings.

This next sentence may sound dramatic but I promise it is true to a certain degree. When things go awry boy do they go awry! I wont go into the nitty gritty details because they are not that important...However, it started with some of the most awful news from my father on Monday followed by a slew of other situations throughout the week. Years ago, when I would feel overwhelmed by life I'd do something impulsive (i.e. drop everything and move to Colorado) However, I have found a new outlet that is a million times more productive and a million times cheaper!

I've never been extraordinarily confident in my writing, but I've journaled since I was 12...and still have said journals. In the past two months or so I have kicked it up a notch and started a prayer journal. I've never felt more at peace in such chaotic times. My prayer journal is new, its exciting, its complicated, its oddly uncomfortable while feeling natural at times, its cathartic, and ultimately its perfection. Not that my writing is perfection, but the fact I can sit anywhere, talk to God about anything, feel like its productive, and leave feeling peaceful and positive, is perfection.

So, point being... For anyone who feels overwhelmed, stressed, uncertain, or excited, joyful, or sunny...a journal, prayer based or not, can always be handy! And if not...just have a fabulous nanny family that says be here at 6 and you walk in to the most adorable, fabulous, loving, insane, fun, goofy, 3 year old boy holding this...

(Coffee ice cream with caramel, chocolate, whipped cream and a smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment