Sunday, March 27, 2011

Materialistic Lovin


I like to think that I am the type of person who needs very little, in terms of materialistic possessions, to be happy. After all, my dream is to live in some hut, sleeping on dirt, and having no more than a backpack of possessions. I often hold on to pictures and cards more than gifts because the pictures and cards hold memories the gifts cant. With that said...I have realized by spending the past 24 hours with a cold and in bed, I have four favorite objects that I hope to figure out a way to cram into said backpack when sleeping in that dirt hut.
If you don't have a non-spill water bottle and coffee mug I suggest you stop reading now and go get one. They are a fabulous necessity. This happens to be the non-spill coffee mug I own and swear by. This baby tumbles in my bag all day long and not a drip comes out.
Second, if you don't have a husband pillow you are highly missing out. If your unaware of what a husband pillow is its the pillow with the arms for support-like a husband...hence the name. I acquired this lovely gem unexpectedly and I cant think of anything, other than my coffee mug, that makes me happier at the moment.
Third, my down comforter. Fluffy, soft, cuddly, feathery, warm, comforting. Need I say more?
Fourth and maybe the most important, my journal. I finally filled up my first journal cover to cover. I had this particular journal given to me by a coworker-who frankly was off her rocker-but it was such a special journal I never wrote in it. I did not want it to be one of those "dear diary" journals but wanted the writing to be more substantial and never felt I had worthy words to write down. While filling the journal full is an exciting feat I now have to find a new journal thats worthy of the content that goes on the inside. Any suggestions where to get one!?
I realize this is somewhat of a silly post but what can you do when you're doped up on Niquil? ...maybe thats a 5th object Id cram into my backpack....

3 comments:

  1. barnes and nobels has beautiful journals..i've bought a few there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barnes & Noble* And yeah, they have awesome journals there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True story. Im being rather particular about this journal...not just one I can pick up at B&N...

    ReplyDelete