Saturday, December 18, 2010

1950s Suzie Homemaker.



I am so excited for Christmas, and while I generally do not dwell on what I am getting, this year I must say there is one gift I cannot wait to get! It is positively the most adorable but practical apron ever. (Insert "women" jokes here...) I love cooking, more so baking and deserts than anything, but still I needed a comfy and adorable apron! My mom says its what her mom would have worn in the 1950s-hence the blog title.

I have always been obsessed with silly kitchen appliances. I think there is nothing better than a cherry pitter that doesn't pit 1 but 4 cherries at one time! Or measuring cups that not only fit within one another, but f
old flat. Oh, and the very best...color coded chopping boards. Seriously, my amazon wish list is basically 2 pages of kitchen appliances.
While most girls dream about their perfect
house, I dream about my perfect kitchen. I want an island, wood cabinets, a double sink with no divider, plenty of pantry and shelf space, all gas appliances, preferably black counter tops, and a table that will seat at least 6. I think I secretly (well not so secretly after this post goes viral) want my kitchen to looks something like this...

I think this screams perfection, and its not even a picture of the full kitchen. Im loving my life as a poor college student, living in random apartments, and moving all the time, but I must confess when I get MY very own kitchen that I don't have to share, and can organize how I want, I wont be missing my rinky-dink college kitchens.
Also, for the record, me and my new apron will be making some delicious pies, and cakes, and cupcakes, and Popsicles, maybe some pizzas, and pastas, and chickens....oh the endless possibilities!!

No comments:

Post a Comment